With the world going increasingly digital, the internet has become an integral part of our lives. We have come a long way from using the internet for sending emails to shopping for groceries, booking tickets for vacations, ordering food online and all of our banking activities.
While on one hand the internet has made our lives easier by bringing the world at our fingertips, it has also brought with it perils such as cybercrimes, hacking etc.
This is where VPN becomes an unavoidable necessity for people who are active users of the internet for their daily chores, especially for their banking needs. Also for people who stream content from the internet and are users of platforms such as Kodi, VPN is crucial. If you are a Kodi user and are wondering how to pick the best VPN for Kodi, read on:
What is VPN?
Before you start your search for the best VPN for Kodi, it is important that you understand what VPN is and how it functions. Virtual Private Network allows for tunnelling and end to end encryption of your data while you are on a public network.
There are several perils of using a public network, especially if you are shopping online while waiting in a queue or simply surfing the internet while using a public WiFi connection. You could become prey to hackers and cyber criminals who could pry on your credentials or utilise your browsing history for monetary gains.
A Virtual Private Network can create a private network for you while you are on a public WiFi connection. Without VPN, your browsing history and search activities are exposed to your service provider who could take advantage by selling all this information.
With VPN, you can protect your online activity and credentials. In addition, VPN masks your IP address which protects you from search engines that can dig out your search details.
Do I Need VPN?
These days with the easy access to internet and the increasing focus on digitisation, shared networks are very popular. From coffee shops to airports, shared networks are available and a lot of people log on to these networks to stay connected. However, what they do not realise while logging onto such networks, they are exposing their digital identity and credentials to a lot of strangers, some of them who would want to eavesdrop on their activities.
- Maintain Anonymity: With VPN, even when you are on a shared network, you can ensure that your data is encrypted, safe and away from prying eyes. Servers such as IPVanish have more than 1300 servers that allow you to maintain anonymity.
- Protect Your Data: While internet providers assure safety of your data, there have been instances when services providers have been exposed for selling data related to the online activities of their users. The best way to prevent this even while using the internet actively is by activating VPN.
- Navigate Through Internet Blocks/Censorship: Regional censorships are a major challenge for those who subscribe to entertainment content online. This is particularly applicable to Kodi users who use the app to access content from across the globe. While there can be arguments about the need for VPN for Kodi, VN servers such as IPVanish more than 1300 servers which allow you to circumvent internet blockades and access the content that you want.
What Should You Look For While Selecting a VPN Service Provider?
There are several VPN server providers and there are several factors that you need to keep in mind while selecting the best VPN for Kodi. If you are wondering what you should look for in a VPN service provider, here are a few things to help you:
- No Tracking of Your Online Activities: VPN service providers such as IPVanish do not ask you to log into their network which ensures that your activity is not traced and your privacy is protected.
- Understand their Server Locations: You must understand the server locations of the VPN providers to ensure that you can access the content of the region you are looking for. IPVanish offers a global network of servers which allows you access to content across the globe.
- Protection Across Devices: Most people use multiple devices and are logged into several devices at the same time. Hence, it is essential that the VPN service provider offers you its cover across your most important devices, if not all. If you are looking for a provider that offers you VPN cover across all your devices, you have service providers such as IPVanish that offer protection in up to 10 devices at the same time from the same account.
- Customer Support: You would want to understand if the service provider has a customer support system in place to help you out in case of glitches and emergencies. Look for service providers who have a 24/7 support system where you can reach out to them through phone, email or chat.
- Budget: One of the most important factors that you need to consider is the monetary aspect. There are several servers that offer VPN protection free of cost, but you cannot fathom the quality of service they will provide. You do not want to regret not having bought a better cover for a small amount after the damage is done. If you are keen on using VPN and ensuring privacy of your data, you might want to invest in a premium subscription from a renowned service provider.
If you are keen on buying VPN cover for your online safety, you might want to subscribe to IPVanish that offers user friendly apps for your laptop, mobile phones, tablets etc. It also offers access to more than 40,000 shared IPs and more than 1300 VPNs across the world.
These are only some of the services that IPVanish offers. It has a host of other offers in its kitty that makes it a preferable option when it comes to data security. You can look up the internet for the different service providers that offer VPN services for data protection.